TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Information Collection
- Information Use
- Digital Advertising & Analytics
- Children’s Privacy
- Third-Party Links & Tools
- Safeguarding Information
- Your Choices
- Use of the Website from Outside the United States
- Privacy Questions and Contacting Us
You may voluntarily provide information about yourself when you use certain features of the Website. For example, you may choose to provide us with information when signing up for our newsletter, making a purchase, making a donation (which will also subscribe you to our email list if permitted under applicable law), submitting a fundraising proposal, applying for research funding, commenting on a blog, contacting us, requesting to volunteer, and/or using certain other services and features on our Website This may include information such as your name, physical address, e-mail address, ZIP code, billing and payment card information, phone number, date of birth, and country of residence.
If you submit a school club application, a research funding application, or a fundraising proposal, we may also collect information about your proposal, such as the associated school or company, the personal information of other individuals involved, and your title and contact information. By providing information about other individuals, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of such individuals to provide such information to us. If you choose to participate in our third-party honorees program, we may collect medical information such as the honoree’s health conditions. Except in regard to such third-party honorees, please do not send confidential health information to us directly through this Website, or by email to any of the contact email addresses listed on this Website. If participating in one of our special promotions, such as our sweepstakes or contests, your information may be collected by SU2C or by a third party involved in, or providing services in connection with, the promotion. If you choose to fundraise online on behalf of SU2C, we may collect your name, phone number, and address.
We may use the information we collect for any lawful purpose, including, but not limited to, the following:
- To provide products and services you have requested, including to process payments for products you have purchased and to provide communications and newsletters to which you subscribe; in this regard, please note that if you join or donate to SU2C, you will be placed on our newsletter mailing list, if permitted under applicable law;
- To process donations and applications, such as a club application or fundraising proposal;
- To coordinate your volunteer opportunities and in connection with your online fundraising on SU2C’s behalf;
- To permit you to comment on our blogs, and to provide notifications of follow-up comments if you request such notifications;
- To respond to your questions, concerns, or requests;
- To ensure you are visiting the proper country-specific website, and when appropriate, redirect you to the proper country-specific website;
- To send offers and advertising from us, our affiliates, and third parties, including opportunities to participate in sweepstakes, contests, and surveys;
- To operate and improve the Website and our business;
- To provide and personalize updates, surveys, and other content and communications to you, including to save your Website preferences to personalize future visits to our Website; and/or
- As otherwise disclosed at the time of collection or use.
Please see the “Third-party Links and Tools” section below for more information on how third parties may collect personal information in connection with our services.
How We Share: If we have collected information through the Website that identifies you individually, we may share this personal information with other parties including:
- Affiliated companies and organizations, if permitted under applicable law;
- Service providers or agents that perform activities for us, such as to third-party service providers as needed to process a donation, send our emails or host the Website;
- Third-party partners engaged in fundraising activities for our benefit (for example, please note that if you donate through an individual fundraiser, including a fundraising appeal in honor or in memory of a specific individual, we may provide your name, message, and contact information to the fundraiser);
- As part of a corporate sale, merger, acquisition, or other transfer involving all or part of our assets including as part of an insolvency or bankruptcy proceeding or as part of a corporate reorganization or other change in corporate control;
- Pursuant to a subpoena, court order, search warrant, governmental inquiry, or other legal process or as otherwise permitted or required by applicable US or other law, or to protect the rights, privacy, property, business, or safety of SU2C, its partners and employees, Website visitors, or the public or to investigate a breach of an agreement or contravention of law;
- As part of an effort to prevent, investigate, detect, suppress or prosecute fraud or criminal offenses or attacks on the technical integrity of the Website or our network; or
- With your consent or as otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection or sharing.
We and our third-party service providers and affiliates may be located in the US or other jurisdictions, and may maintain and process your personal information in such jurisdictions.
Please note that if you opt to make a donation in connection with SU2C’s promotion with American Airlines or similar promotions in which corporate donors receive incentives and rewards from partners in return for a donation, SU2C will share the information we collect from you – including your name, e-mail address, loyalty program account information, and your donation amount – with the partner participating in the program.
When you respond to one of our blogs, or link to one of our social media venues, the personal information you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. For example, if you provide your name and e-mail address in a blog posting, that information may be accessible to the public. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these instances.
We may share information that has been de-identified or aggregated, or any other technical information, without limitation.
DIGITAL ADVERTISING & ANALYTICS
We may partner with social media tools, ad networks and other ad serving providers (“Advertising Providers”) that serve ads on our behalf on non-affiliated platforms. These Advertising Providers may use tracking technologies (including cookies and pixel tags) on our Website and other sites and apps in order to serve these ads. Some of those ads may be personalized, meaning that they are intended to be relevant to you based on information Advertising Providers collect about your use of the Website and other sites or apps over time (such as web pages you visit and your interaction with our advertising and other communications), including information about relationships among different browsers and devices. This type of advertising is known as interest-based advertising.
We may also work with third parties that collect data about your use of the Website and other sites or apps over time for non-advertising purposes. SU2C uses Google Analytics and other third-party services to improve the performance of the Website and for analytics and marketing purposes. For more information about how Google Analytics collects and uses data when you use our website, visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ , and to opt out of Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information about visitors less than 13 years of age. If you are the parent or guardian of a child under 13 years of age and believe that the child has disclosed personal information to us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org (in the United States) or email@example.com (in Canada) and be sure to include in your message the username and/or e-mail address and password that your child submitted, if applicable.
THIRD-PARTY LINKS AND TOOLS
The Website may also include integrated social media tools, such as social networking, photo sharing, and video streaming tools offered by third parties. If you use these tools to share personal information or you otherwise interact with social media features on the Website, those social media companies may collect information about you and may use and share such information in accordance with your account settings on that social media platform, including by sharing such information with us or the general public. Your interactions with third-party social media companies and the use of their features are governed by the privacy policies of the social media companies that provide those features. We encourage you to read the privacy policies that apply to any social media accounts you create and use.
We maintain – and we ask any third-party partners that store information on our behalf to maintain – reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards for personal information collected through the Website. These safeguards are designed to protect the personal information we collect against theft; loss; misuse; or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Our service providers are given the information they need to perform their designated functions, and we do not authorize them to use or disclose personal information for their own marketing or other purposes.
To opt out of our e-mail marketing and fundraising or to opt out of receiving our newsletters, you may use the link provided at the bottom of each such message or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org (in the United States) or email@example.com(in Canada) . We may continue to send some e-mail messages related to our transactions or relationship with you, such as emails to confirm purchases on the SU2C Shop. Additionally, please see above for your choices regarding digital advertising and analytics on this Website.
If you believe that any of the personal information that you have submitted through our Website is no longer accurate, or you wish to make any updates or changes, you may do so by logging into the account you created when registering (if applicable). If you do not have an account with us, or wish to request to access, correct, or update your personal information in our records, including information not available through your account, you can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org (in the United States) or email@example.com (in Canada).
We reserve the right to use any information previously obtained to verify your identity in connection with your access request or to take other actions that we believe are appropriate and lawful. We will endeavor to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, are impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes, and that residual information may remain within our databases and other records and will not be removed from such locations. We are not responsible for removing or deleting information from the databases of third parties that we do not control with whom we have shared information about you prior to your request.
USE OF THE WEBSITE FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
PRIVACY QUESTIONS AND CONTACTING US